Friday, February 11, 2011

Leaving Brooklyn

We are off this weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday and it will be our first time leaving Brooklyn. I know she'll be OK, but it still makes me a little sad I'm going to miss one night of her precious little life.

On a completely side note, a few weeks ago I told you that I had no working car. We ended up having to bite the bullet and go get a new one because my 1999 GMC Yukon needed a whole new engine and had some other major problems not worth even fixing. I'm really happy because of the space in the new car (2010 Tahoe, fits 9 people!!!), so when we have more kids (or the kids' friends in the car) we have plenty of room, but disappointed because that means the addition on the house is going to take a little longer than we had hoped. I didnt know this, but Derek said that when you pull a permit on your house to do an addition or remodel, you have to have an inspection done/work done (e.g. after having the foundation done) fairly soon after or your permit expires. Hopefully we will be able to slowly start some work within this time frame and not let the permit expire.

Just a few random photos below of the kids. Brooklyn is getting big and is getting really good at holding her head up and steady. Sleeping good, laughing, just an all around easy baby. We are really lucky. Her 4 month check up is in about a week.

Bobby is growing up and becoming more and more like a little kid. Not quite talking (hearing a lot of gibberish though), we are really trying to push first words like, "Please, yes, cup, no, sis." I do get to hear a few things, "ma ma ma ma ma ma"and some other crazy sounds but no words really. Because he hasn't really said words, when he wants more juice or something to eat I get the pleasure of him throwing his cup/snack holder at me to let me know that he wants something. (Lucky me) We just gave him a pillow the other night in his crib (not in a toddler bed yet) and he LOVED IT. When I first gave it to him, he kind of looked at me like, "Why have you been holding out on me? This is awesome!" He's kind of going through the fit throwing stages (he is just about 2 years old...) but I try to ignore them as best I can. He pouts mostly if he doesn't get his way. He can drink from a small cup now and he has almost all of his canine teeth (the bottom ones are just now cutting in), and he loves to brush his teeth with his little spinning toothbrush. (I think he just loves the taste of toothpaste really.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend...