Monday, August 6, 2012

Runnnnniiiiinnnnnnggggg!



Ok so I'm hoping if I journal on my blog about my running I'll feel obliged to continue to post which will provide some motivation to keep going because let me tell you - this heat has got me wanting to do nothing other than sit around, eat, and swim! UGHHHHH

So a few friends from our local gym (Ramona Fitness Center) are doing a 1/2 marathon in January 2013.  Its in Temecula.  They invited me, and then Derek seemed interested too, and I'm trying to sway another couple to join us - it would be alot of fun (I guess running 13.1 miles is fun) with this group of friends.  Plus, wine at the end, SURE!! haha  The gym has led to friendships in this town that I know I wouldnt have developed on my own, and I feel like alot of people who go there (not all, but most) are down to earth nice people. NOT ALL, but most.

So anyway, I run, alot. I ran with the kids alot when they werent so heavy when Brooklyn was still a wee babe, and now pushing those 2 in the stroller is a HEFTY load. I'm sure Bobby at least weighs 35lbs (if not more, he is in 4T-5T clothes), and Brooklyn weighs ~ 25 lbs too (she is in 2T, and at the last check up I think she was 22lbs). Anyway so...no thank you on pushing 50-60 more lbs other than what I already have to; occasionally is fine but not regularly. Plus, all the weirdos in the world, Im a little afraid to be out running on the back streets alone.

Anyway.

My current goal is to be able to run 10 miles under 90 minutes. I think I could have done it today but I was starting to feel a little fatigued, I either needed to juice up (which I feel like potentially leads to a cramp) or should have eaten a bigger breakfast (right now its just a protein bar ~ 200 cal 20 grams of protein) and the thought of being too tired while chasing the kids by myself did not sound fun. The photo above is from this morning and that was a breeze, I walk the first 2 minutes and run the rest.  The pace was actually faster - 8:34 but the 2 minutes of walking always shows I'm slower.

I'm kicking myself for not going 10. Oh well. Next week. For now, I'm doing 3xs a week 8 miles (friday is a street run day where a group of my RFC friends meet and we run on the street)...and each week add 2 more miles at every run to adjust.

Thank goodness for the Olympics because running that long on the treadmill gets boring. :)