Monday, June 30, 2014

10 Months!

Tommy is still - yes....still asleep and its 630am! I havent been able to sleep this late since ...????? LOL

Usually, up at 5-530am with him, give him a bottle and let him hang out until the first nap. So either I slept through the 5am waking (yesssssss) or he just slept (yesssssss). Either way, the fact that I'm sipping my coffee ALONE this "late" in the morning reminds me the light is at the end of the tunnel for early morning cries. ahhhhhh :)

His latest:

-Cruising everywhere (and falling and bumping everything). Crawling under and over everything. I dread the stairs.

-can say "dadadadadadaada" but not sure he gets Derek should be called "dad"

-Eating all kinds of stuff - animal crackers (have to watch but he will take bites now that the big teeth are in)

-Shaking his head "no" I saw him do it a few times, and I'm trying to get him to do it when he hears the word, but we're not there yet with comprehension. A little bit of clapping and waving; he knows us by name but won't point to us e.g. I'll say "where's the dog" and he turns his head to Sadie.

-Loves the pool. Loves to splash. My father in law dunked him a few times yesterday, he came up from being under and didnt cry. Need to do this everyday with him.


Pictures to follow after my sleeping bear wakes up. :)


Our other kids and stuff....

Bobby - doing great at swimming with no floaties. For security we tell him he needs to wear them when an adult isnt in the pool, but even now I think he knows the safety rules 1) if he jumps in, he immediately needs to go to the side of the pool, and if he gets tired of swimming with his head above the water to swim underwater because its easier. Yesterday he looked really strong in the water.

Brooklyn - trying to keep up with Bobby in every way. She is my little helper in the kitchen, with Tommy and anything else I'm willing to let her do.

Our backyard....Hopefully by the end of August it will have transformed into a mini paradise instead of the desert it is today! A week from today we hope the tractor is in our backyard shoveling dirt and digging us a hole for our new swimming pool! I'm a little nervous with the little kids to put it in but let's get real, summers in Ramona - you need one. Unless you want to sit inside all day with AC on (which I dont) a pool makes sense. And I dont see us moving anytime soon - if ever - so this is a great solution to the massive waste of space in the backyard.

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!!