Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What we've been up to lately...

On a whim we went up to CA Adventure yesterday. We thought our passes wouldn't work but they did! And so did everyone else's because it felt like the whole state of California was at the park yesterday! It was so hot. I mean, so so hot!! Derek suggested the beach and I said nah lets go to the park. Crazy. LOL Oh well, despite the heat we had a great time, and the kids really did not melt down until we were on our way home. We left around 3:30pm. We met some friends up there which helped with the boredom in lines. 


I just LOVE this photo of Derek and Bobby. Wish Brooklyn would have been looking. I never catch Derek smiling like this in pictures!


Our beautiful cement lot! No more yucky dirt out front, we LOVE this!!!



Picture Day for my big first grader and T-k girl :)


Attempting to refinish an old dresser that was given to us. It was this old 1970's green. I used a paint stripper and that stuff just came right off. Using fancy chalk paints and such to hopefully get a piece of furniture that we love. 


Another photo I adore. Our Sadie girl is quite the family dog. We took her on a little hike out at Ramona Grasslands and I was so impressed at how well both Brooklyn and Sadie did with the leash and walking together. Our previous dogs were never easy going on the leash (think yank pull jump etc..), and Sadie stays close to us wherever we go. So much so that even at home I let her out front with us (off leash) and she stays nearby the family - doesn't even chase our adopted outdoor kitty which is nice. I can't say enough how great a dog she is with the kids and our family. 
She is definitely our fourth kid (as Brooklyn tells me) we love her very much.

Enjoy your week!