The month of January seems to be igniting new projects in our house. I am thrilled to tell everyone that after over 2 years of saving and saving and MORE SAVING (since the economy is leaving us very upside down on our house loan), Derek and I finally have enough money to pay for a small addition on our house which will gives us 3 bedrooms and a much bigger living room and small dining room. The house definitely has lots more improving to do, but getting to this first step is awesome. Now a family of 4, we have completely outgrown our 2 bedroom house. Below are some photos of our house pre-remodel, cant wait to show you all the finished look!
The other project of the month is for me and my new love for crocheting. As an italian grandkid, I grew up with Grandma's who crocheted the best things - slippers, blankets, beanie booties, etc.. A few months back, while I was pregnant with Brooklyn, I bought some supplies to start crocheting. I started to make a blanket and sort of gave up as other things became priority (and honestly the blanket was not turning out the way I had hoped). Recently a good friend of mine started crocheting and making very cute baby items - which has inspired me to try again so my kids have some of these fond home made items. I found some online tutorials and instructions and Wa-Lah! I made the beanie Brooklyn is modeling below in a day! I cant wait to try and sneak out of the house to take a trip to our local sewing store (alone, sorry kids but you would be happier at home while I did this trip) to stock up on more items including more yarn, needles and accessories.
Friends and family are asking for items and it makes me so happy that someone other than myself likes them. (Of course, I'm going to like it since I made it!)
Brooklyn modeling her new beanie

Beanie under construction...
