Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Derek's Birthday & 1st inspection

Derek's birthday was on the 10th, we didn't do much because: 1) He had just taken a 4 day trip to Lake Tahoe for James Page's bachelor party; 2) I'm sure Brooklyn probably wasn't feeling too good; 3) Our house is a disaster; 4) I bought him a bunch of new clothes that he could have before his trip to Tahoe and 5) After 30 - who cares about your birthday anyway! From this point on it will be 40, 50 etc that we celebrate big! Thankfully, Derek is SUPER easy to please, all he wanted was this banana pudding pie thing (made with Nilla wafers). Bobby was super excited when we lit candles and I sang (completely off key) "Happy Birthday". With just the 4 of us to celebrate, it was nice to just be together - we really missed him the week before!

Another part of Derek's birthday gift was a 2 weekend Gun safety program. I am doing it with him only because we own guns and I should know how it works for safety reasons. (I have NO desire at this point to go shooting for fun, or hunt either) The first Saturday you spend reading and going over all the ins and outs of a gun, laws and safety. The 2nd weekend you spend shooting out at a range the instructor has on his property (SO PRETTY where he lives!!!). I'm so nervous about the shooting part...If you would like to read about what we are doing, click on this.




With summer truly starting to show up in Ramona, me and the kids have been taking full advantage of our backyard. I just showed Bobby about water balloons and he's been just throwing them at the dogs. Hysterical! We have a little plastic pool that both kids sit in together (I try to get my big butt in there too but there's barely any room for all 3 of us). So cute to have both of them out there together. Brooklyn giggles at the dogs and Bobby, Bobby is chasing after the dogs with water, or some other toy.




We are almost ready to get our first inspection, which means we are almost done with having tons of dirt and concrete dust tracked into the house (up next drywall and sawdust, cant wait!). I sweep it up, 2 seconds later someone walks in and its everywhere all over again. Cant wait to get this over with, I dont mind the mess - - what I do mind is that everyone in this house is suffering from an allergy attack over the dust and we are all miserable. I am so excited about the construction!!!!!


So as the summer begins we are all plugging along. The kids are growing and changing daily (as all you parents know). Bobby knows his ABC's (and starts to even sing the song until he gets to letter "f" and doesnt know what comes next), he knows that his name is spelled "B-O-B-Y" - I keep trying to tell him there's an extra "b" in there but, he'll learn soon enough. He knows numbers 1-10 and a few colors & shapes. Tuesday mornings Bobby has a gym type class to get his wiggles out and learn interaction with kids (thanks to a referral from a cousin for this class). Brooklyn is scooting backwards (8 months on the 21st) and eating everything. I mash up everything and feed it to her. (ok not EVERYTHING but most stuff)

We are healthy, happy and looking forward to our busy summer with 3 weddings, 3 baby showers, out of town visits from family, and our camping trip in September at the beach....!


Happy Summer Everyone!!!