Wednesday, July 20, 2011

9 months home made photo shoot

I am very proud of our little home made photo shoot! I am a rookie at all things photography - not bad if I say so myself! Very disappointed that Brooklyn's head band and flower did not show up as a better match to her tutu- I must have been looking at them in dark light because they looked better in person! Tomorrow is the official 9 month mark, she is such a blessing! Our family has gone through some tough times since she contracted her RSV, but everyday I hear her & Bobby giggle at each other is all worth it. I hope they become good friends as I was with my brother growing up. I sometimes wonder what I used to do without them. I really feel like they are my 2 best friends (aside from Derek). I remember reading those corny license plate frames that said, "Happiness is... Being so-and-so's mom", but really, its how I feel too!

Looking at Brooklyn today, she looks like me as a baby. I see a little bit of Derek in her, but mostly me. Bobby is Derek's spitting image. Those 2 look identical, its amazing what our genes can do!




Brooklyn can officially crawl and now pull herself up. If you go to grab her hands when she is sitting, or go to put her down to play its like an instinct to want to stand. Kills the back! She is finally cutting her first 2 bottom teeth so sleep has been up and down over the last week. Eating everything, playing with everything, just a delight. I think its fair to say Derek and I are not sure if we are done having kids. We are definitely enjoying the break from having an itty bitty baby to care for - so draining as all of you know!

Over the summer its been BUSY! Its been a relentless cycle of birthdays, weddings, baby showers - nearly every weekend since June! I will be so happy when a saturday rolls around, Derek is home, and we can all play as a family together instead of having to leave the house! I have definitely picked up lifting and all other sorts of physical exercise as a hobby now that Brooklyn is much easier to handle. I feel stronger and happier than ever!

I've managed, on average to get the kids to nap at the same time on most days during the week. What a victory! Its a great break - I dont do anything but goof off, i.e. dishes, nap or facebook it, but either way its so nice to enjoy some quiet time.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!