Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brooklyn

She turns 1 tomorrow! I know I have been talking about it ALOT but I just can't believe how fast the year went! And when she contracted her RSV, looking back, (and after hearing lots of people talk about how lucky we are she survived) I could have easily lost her from her that STUPID STUPID illness. We are DEFINITELY CELEBRATING HER LIFE this weekend!

She has had a rough year, I have had a rough year, heck, the entire family suffered at times due to Brooklyn's struggles. Looking back I would estimate nearly every month I had to take her to the pediatrician or urgent care or ER for her recurring bronchiolitis and, at this point her asthma. What a tough go at your first year of life, eh? This past monday her allergist put her on steroids for 5 days, (ends tomorrow - THANK GOODNESS, literally she is acting like someone on steroids! She's GRUMPIER THAN EVER, HUNGRIER THAN EVER, and at about 2pm everyday for at least an hour she just SCREAAAMMMMSSSS for no reason, well we know the reason but there's nothing I can do! Sad face. I cant put her down during these fits whatsoever. Its like having a 25lbs newborn all over again!) and 2 inhalers due to how bad her asthma and bronchiolitis have been for the past MONTH! Yes yes, she has been sick for a month but I don't like bringing her in when they always dismiss me and say "Sorry, its a virus. You'll have to just do the same thing you have been doing." Really doc? I want an answer. I want to know why she cries HYSTERICALLY night after night when she catches the same small cold the whole family catches. I feel like with the allergist we have made progress, and that this doc really relates to us and our struggles, but dang. Some days feel very dark and lonely when she gets so sick.

Some way to celebrate your birthday, huh? To top it off, when I put her down for bed tonight (please note the time of this post, most nights she goes to bed at 730pm, her naps have sucked today!!), I noticed a fever - - - TEETH! Poor kid can't get a break!!!!

I will post pictures later, we decided last second, since we have family in from Utah & Georgia to go ahead and have a get together for Brooklyn's birthday (which is officially tomorrow), unfortunately it had to be friday morning because all weekend we have stuff going and some family leaves this weekend.