Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why yes, I do.

Why yes, I do LOVE being home with my kids. While there are plenty of days where I'm tired, cranky, dirty, and the kids are the same, I wouldn't trade it for the world. (Besides, I love the cartoons about as much as the kids do) I LOVE every second of this time of their lives with them. I try to record it all in my head as much as I can, because one day, when I am old, and cannot speak I want to be able to go to these memories and remember all the things that filled me with unconditional love.

"Mommy kiss it" I hear about 23 times a day from Bobby on "boo-boo's" that dont even exist. Is it annoying? NOPE. I know one day he is going to get hurt and be embarrassed and not want any TLC from me.

"Mommy, play with me." Of course Bobby.

"Mommy I ride my motorcycle?" Sure let's go get it.

"Mommy, I go pee pee!" Yes, you sure did, all on your own.

"Mommy I go in your bed?" Sure, while we read our monster book.

"Mommy I sit with you?" Of course sweet boy.

"Apple" I heard Brooklyn clear as day say it on Tuesday when we were home together and I was cutting one up for her for lunch. My jaw hit the ground. She used to be such a daddy's girl, she still is, but she loves to cuddle with me more these days. Not sure what's happening with her, but I'll take her hugs any day.

I love being with my kids. While there are some days being at home is lonely - I will happily accept the few hours each day of being lonely to enjoy the time with my kids - since this age will never happen again.

That's all. I just kind of felt I needed to vent this out. I feel like stay at home mom's get such a bad rap.