Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happenings in March

March is a busy month for us this year. Fun month, but busy. Bobby turns 3 on the 19th. Three years have gone by, really? Just way too fast. I really wish the toddler years were double the length in time (I sound crazy but whatever, 3 is a fun age), this age is new little twists in comedy everyday. He's turning into a little parrot so we REALLY have to watch what we say around him, but its also cute because we ask him funny questions like...

Me: Bobby who's your best friend?
Bobby: Bobby!
Me: No, Bobby, WHO'S your best friend? (and Derek has tried numerous nights to train him to say "daddy" this conversation happens every night before bed - not kidding)
Bobby: Daddy! Mah-nee! Keegan!!!
Me: What's your teacher's name?
Bobby: Keegan!
Me: What's your favorite color?
Bobby: Keegan!
Me: What's your favorite food?
Bobby: Keegan!

Here's a little photo of these 2 tearing it up at school...



Ha, he's a little, confused? Or he's just pulling my leg, either way, its cute. :) When I start to giggle he looks at me like, "What? You asked me about my FAVORITE - - - - - and I know I love to play with Keegan! So my answer for anything you are gonna ask is KEEGAN!!" (Keegan is at preschool and he is really cute and friendly and almost every time I go to pick him up Bobby and him are spinning circles outside or just horsing around together :-) )

Brooklyn...
I sat down to update her little baby book and just thought I'd share what she is up to - she is a RASCAL to put it nicely. :)
She can say...
Mama, Daddy, Dog, Juice, Yeah, She shakes her head no (havent heard it yet), Mine (ooo that's one of her favorites), Shoes, eeaassss (for please, and will even raise a hand to her heart sometimes to really beg for something haha), thank for thank you, Makes sucking noise for "binky" (Ugh, the dreaded debate on weaning her or keeping it, she sleeps til 7am if she has it/can find it in the night, otherwise she ups at 5am!), Blows kisses, or walks over to you to give a kiss while making a "mmmm" sound hahaha, and my least favorite right now, she is a creepy crawler on EVERYTHING. Sheesh. Everytime I turn around she has managed to climb to the top of our couches and stand at the very top, she'll look over with this big grin like "hahaha ma, try and get me!" then goes running across the couch because well, I'm not sure why. She's a lunatic. She copies everything she sees Bobby do - sometimes he likes it and sometimes he HATES it! I'm sure the day is near that I will hear "Go away Brooklyn!", I already hear him yell at her and say "NO! MINE!!"

Fun...but dang she is nothing how Bobby was at this age. NOTHING ALIKE.

So in March, we have decided not to throw a party for Bobby's birthday. Numerous reasons - 1) he doesnt need squat diddly, 2) its a pain to figure out who, what, when, where, etc., 3) expensive, and 4) I would rather waste the money on what I would do for a party at Disneyland with our family (this is the bottom line). Bobby and Brooklyn LOVE Mickey, and all those dumb shows on the Disney Channel. Fine by me, I love Disneyland and being able to share this with the kids is so nostalgic for me, I'm a happy camper. We are planning to go on Monday the 12th. I ordered a few things Disney for the kids - the traditional Mickey/Minnie ears with names on the back, and Mickey/Minnie sunglasses from the Disney store. I did this to help avoid wasting time shopping at the park - and also from having to drag the kids to the store, have them touch everything in site. I know it will be inevitable to shop, I'm just hoping this will help with being wasteful with our time there - there's just so much to do at the Magic Kingdom!

While I was doing research on the park, I found out that a new "Cars" theme land is set to open in June at the CA Adventure Park of Disney. So this trip is just for one day up at Disneyland, then we will return in the summer to go play at the other park to see the "Cars" Land, and I think there is more splash/water things to do at the CA Adventure park - cant wait!

March Madness starts this month, so I'll be kissing my husband good bye - see ya in April honey. He will be spending time with some close friends when the tournament starts, and then his mind will be focused on his favorite team beating everyone and winning the title. GO KANSAS!!! Its detrimental to this house that they win! I'm talking life or death people!! Ok maybe not that extreme but it really weighs heavily on Derek when the lose, so for the sake of our house, please pray they win. Amen.

My goal this month is to try and get Derek into the gym with me, my first goal is to go at least 1 time a week with him this month, and then after this initial success, maybe 2-3 times together. It is hard to push him especially since he is lifting and doing alot of strenuous things at work, but I think that boy needs some cardio! At the end of the day though, we both look at eachother and want to bury our heads in the couch and veg out and watch some stupid show that we recorded... I go in the mornings so I'm not real big into going at night - or doing anything at night for that matter(especially since at 8pm I want to crawl under my covers and hit the hay.) We enrolled him back in August of last year and he hasn't been one time. Talk about a waste of money! Might as well be driving and throwing $39 out the window every month! We will see, I asked him out on a date tonight to go, and he's been fighting off a cold so I'm not sure if he will feel up to it tonight.

Then at the very end of the month my dad, me, and the kids will be flying to Utah to visit my brother, his wife, their 1.5 year old daughter, and their new baby boy - Mason - who is due basically any second right now. I'm so excited to do take the trip, a little sad that Derek wont be with us since this will be the kids first flight, but it still should be a good time. We were supposed to go last year in May but Brooklyn of course, was too sick, and we had to cancel last second. We bought trip insurance which was a life saver, didnt have to pay a dime to reschedule this trip!

Then in April its: Easter, and LOTS of birthdays.

Happy hump day people! Have a great rest of the week!