Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Disneyland









Here's how our day went yesterday:
Woke up at 530 to try and depart by 630 (of course we pick the weekend when the time changed so it was brutal crawling out of bed)

Loaded all 3 kids (Derek's brother Tyler & his son Elijah came with us) in the middle row, crammed as much junk in the back, and then crammed myself in the middle seat of the bench row in the front.

Arrive at Disneyland ~930 (manage to get a little lost I dont know how it happens but every time we go it does)

Unload (apprx 30 min) car, reload on tram, unload off tram, torturous wait to buy tickets at park (NOTE TO SELF: ANYTHING THAT CAN BE BOUGHT PRIOR TO WAITING IN LINE IS A MUST). Chase Brooklyn for 20 min while waiting for tickets

After that the day sorta went like this:
We rode these rides in random order: Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo, Played in Toon Town, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Carribean (yes I put Brooklyn on this one and she didn't make one peep), Dumbo, The Carousel, Autopia, Pinnochio, Casey Jr. Train, Its a Small World, Winnie The Pooh...

The hardest part of the day: Entertaining the kids while waiting for the rides. The lines were never longer than 15-20 min wait (I think we waited 30 min for something but I cant remember which one), and the meltdowns with Brooklyn from waking up early and missing regular naps. She was a NIGHTMARE to put it nicely. Once we actually got on a ride, she was fine and totally entertained - never scared, she loved to be moving and looking around. But the second we had to wait for something - she either couldnt sit still and wanted to walk with us or she would just scream - which told me she was tired or hungry.

The best part of the day: Being smart and packing so much food that I thought I over packed. I made 3 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, packed chips and cracker snack type things, granola bars, and 6 juice boxes. 99% of it was gone. This was perfect for several reasons: 1) not wasting $20 on a bottle of water and 2) noone went hungry which meant controlling tantrums and fits. Not to say that even Bobby didn't get bored or yell out and disobey but it helped control it all. Since I was the one who stayed behind when Brooklyn fell asleep, I enjoyed riding the carousel with her and Its a Small World with her the most. She loves all that foo-foo girlie stuff so she was a happy camper when we rode these things. Bobby we think loved Dumbo and Autopia the most.



Something else I learned about doing this with tots: The day after a day like this - is best to have off. Recovery time is needed! We didnt come back home til ~ 11pm last night and I was TIRED. So were the kids.