Not much to report. Kids are growing and learning new things everyday. Today Brooklyn was dying to get her little wanna be crocs off and I had my hands full. I asked Bobby to help her - he took off her shoes, and she said "Thank you Bobby." HA Dang she talks alot. She is constantly answering her phone and saying "Hello Mommy." Really really cute!
Even though I really want to send the kids to school - just out of sheer boredom I feel like they get during the week, we just cant do it yet. Our house is a big mess. Some of you have seen it. We keep trying to get our painter over but he's been busy. Our flooring is still out for another 3-4 weeks. But today we didnt do much of anything. We ran to 2 stores (both kids were so behaved - it was great), but sometimes I feel like all they want is me to sit with them and play legos, trains, heck anything. I stress all the time that they are not getting what they need, but they are....all they want is mommy and daddy to play trucks. Some days are easier than others (not gonna lie here, there are days I want to lock myself in the shower for 3 hours) but when I just focus in on what they want - its usually just me sitting there with a book or puzzle helping them along. I cant believe Bobby is 3 &1/2 and Brooklyn nearly 2. These precious years have gone so fast.
Yesterday I woke up with a pinched nerve (or something) and have had muscle spasms in my upper neck/shoulder area. Went to the doctor yesterday and received pain meds and muscle relaxers. So painful, I'm still in a ton of pain but taking the meds makes me so sleepy (have to wait til naptime for relief). Even though it helped me sleep last night I'm still in pain, so something else is wrong - my pillow? our bed? I'm not sure. I think we may need to consider getting a new mattress. This is the 2nd time its happened in less than 2 years and its just not making sense to me.
A friend of mine has been using coconut oil for LOTS of stuff. She puts it in her coffee with a little bit of butter and grinds it up. Sounds nuts but it actually tastes pretty good. (I just dont like the idea of butter but IDK). Anyway, coconut is a great oil for lots of things - one of them - making your own deodorant. I saw her homemade thing, and thought I had to try it - we hear so many negative things about today's deodorant - whether its the clear stuff or the white stuff - plus, if the kids were to 'accidentally ingest' this stuff, it would be safe to eat. Here's the website I went to for the recipe - they even have a thing about making your own baby wipes (I'm tempted to try once this brand new box I just bought dwindles down).
In November we are doing family portraits just us 4 and the dogs. We are not sure how much time we have left with our oldest dog, and she has been in our lives for nearly as long as Derek and I have been together so I think it would be neat to have her in these pictures.
Have a great rest of the week...
