Like my title? I didnt know what to call this one, and that's kind of how the brain has been feeling these days!
Look at little Brooklyn this time last year, she wasnt even walking and just barely crawling around!
Now she is a professional at walking, climbing, running, jumping (almost), telling me "no" and yelling "Bobby."
Speaking of our home, we did just order our final lighting fixtures and ceiling fans. I couldn't wait to be at this stage - the decorating part. BUT, it was overwhelming! Too many choices, too many places. It was almost too much, and then of course the stuff I like is all expensive. We have a budget for all of the things in the house, some things have gone over so then we have to scale back. For instance, our tile. About half of what we needed was graciously given to us, I think we need to give the donor some money for it, but its expensive stuff! $4.50 a square foot, OUCH! We are hoping a tile contractor we know can find it for a little bit cheaper, because we just were hoping not to spend that much. Painting hopefully will be done this week, the walls are all primed, the ceilings are done. We had a pretty easy time with paint colors, brought home 4 samples and nearly immediately knew which ones we liked. We want to purchase a new t.v. but its not a necessity, and may have to be our christmas present if we really get the urge, but you can start to tell our little plasma is getting old. I cant wait to pick up stuff for the kids room, have a normal floor, and just have a normal living situation again. Things are everywhere, toys are everywhere, the table we ordered cant be shipped to us yet because the tile isnt in..(the kids have their little picnic table), just everything is messy.
Here's what we picked for our dining room/to go over our table:
Here's what we picked for our living room: (The light can be removed and a bronze cap and replace it which is the look I want. Love this fan) Most of the lighting in the living room will be can lighting which will look great.
I started school 2 weeks ago and I love it. I was really nervous how I was going to juggle the kids, our business (I do need to still do books, insurance, etc.) and then add school to the mix, plus all the other chores all on my own (like today I had to mow, laundry, clean everything, ahh just like every other parent out there) so far its been ok. Its kinda lame to say but I dream about graduation day with the kids and Derek and on days that are harder that's what keeps me in gear. I haven't been able to work out as much which I hate, but I'm not trying to lose weight just keep my shape. I try to devote mornings to mid afternoon to the kids - no email if I can, no phone calls/minimal, nothing else except a few chores squeezed in but lots of playing time or some other activity so I dont feel like I'm neglecting them. Its working out ok, especially since Brooklyn is older the 2 of them play great - most of the time - together. Some days are harder than others, it just takes alot of energy, and now that both kids do not go to school right now I rarely get much of a break, Derek is not home til 5 on most days and then from 5-7 or even 8 he has lots of work to do - and now fantasy football is a distraction as well - so - even when he gets home sometimes I'm still on my own for a little bit.
I think we are still planning to go to Disneyland's California Adventure this month for my birthday but I'm not sure - I'm waiting to hear from Derek when he wants to go. My aunt comes in from Georgia next week, so that will be fun to spend time with her. She loves the kids. I think also in December I'd like to do another Disneyland trip while Derek is in Colombia. Stay 2 freaking nights like I want, enjoy the holiday crap, and keep me and the kids REALLY busy while he is gone. :( Or do something sorta big while he is gone. I just cant bring myself to leave the country for that long without them at this age. Call me a wimp, I dont care, I just dont want to do it.
Not much else, just juggling life and trying to keep some sanity. I'm looking forward to these next few months, I absolutely love the holidays and cannot wait to do so much cheesy holiday stuff with the kids...

