Back to Disneyland. So, basically once your kids reach 32" there's stuff for them to ride. 42" inches even better. Brooklyn measures 33" (maybe 1 inch more with shoes), Bobby is 41". So this time around we threw Brooklyn on nearly every ride we could stand in line for. We bought park hopper tickets because CA Adventure has roller coasters etc., more for an older kid. The lines there were RIDICULOUS. Once we made our way to Disneyland, the most we ever had to wait was 20-25 minutes. CA Adventure was at least 50 minutes for most of the rides. One tire ride there was super lame and had a 1 hour wait. The most exciting ride (this was all in "Cars Land") was a racing type of ride (or something near that) and it was a 2 hour wait! Yeah. I dont think so. So we rode these and had as much fun as I could squeeze out of Derek & the kids:
CA Adventure:
*Mater's Ride (lots of fun!)
*Luigi's Tires (sooo stupid)
*Ariel's Ride (me and Brooklyn rode this while the boys ate some food, Brooklyn LOVED this one)
*Toy Story Mania (LAME only because it was not really a ride, and you have wear 3d glasses to see anything. The kids liked it, but I was disappointed that it wasnt much of a ride)
Disneyland:
*Buzz's Ride (cool as usual)
*Autopia (Brooklyn LOVED this, this is Bobby's favorite we think)
*Pirates of the Carribean (kids did good, but when I looked at the decorations I thought it would scare them - skeletons with knives in their chest..etc....lol but its a nice long ride and kids liked the pirate song)
We stayed only til 8pm (we arrived at like 10am) and I bet we could have stayed a little bit longer but before the kids got cranky and started freaking out I wanted to head home.
Here's some photos from our trip. We were able to see a Parade at Disneyland - REALLY CUTE and worth the wait, the kids loved it! And by accidental perfect timing, Brooklyn and I ran into Minnie Mouse and got these up close pictures with her. Brooklyn ran over to her and gave her a big hug and kiss...I couldn't get my camera out fast enough.
And for Brooklyn's birthday we didn't do a party this year, just because of all the other stuff we've been doing. But we did get her a little cake to sing to her (her actually bday was Sunday). Despite it being alot of work for us to take the kids to Disneyland (or really anywhere), I had so much fun with them. Brooklyn is animated, and she has no problem letting us know when she is happy (or mad lol). She adored seeing the characters, giggled on the rides. Some rides (according to Derek) Bobby didnt like, and Bobby liked watching some of the rides more than even going on them. All in all, I would go again but only go to Disneyland until the kids desire the fast rides.
Here's a video of the opening to the Parade, it was really cute, and not even that long - maybe 15-20 minutes:

