Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day









My Mother's Day was ok. The kids caught some bad bug about 2/3 weeks ago - bad sore throat/neck aches with a fevers, then turned into a bad cold/congestion.  It hit me early last week, and I am "dying", I'm pregnant and basically cant take anything for this stupid virus!  In the beginning I felt like I was swallowing knives. It was sooooo hard to swallow, so painful. I cried a few nights out of pain. Tylenol was NO RELIEF.  And then if/when it did finally work, it would really truly only last 3.5 hours. Miserable.  Now I'm congested and coughing at night so I'm not sleeping again because of congestion, but I would take congestion over that nasty sore throat anyday.  In addition to that, BOTH OF MY EYES HAD A LIGHT CASE OF PINK EYE. Gross I know.  My doctor tested for strep throat the other day, I doubt this is what I have but he had to be sure.  

My Mother's Day gift blew me away. Derek surprised me with a really thoughtful present.  Even the card he purchased was so thoughtful and sincere.  I dont know how I'm going to return the love on Father's Day and his birthday.  He's the best husband ever.

A few other pictures are above - this is what the kids normally do in the first few hours of the day while I do homework or stuff for our business, go for a run, or clean up the house in the morning.  Seems a little crazy but hey I at least (1) have to clean the couches/vacuum the cushions and (2) it keeps them safe (sorta) and happy.