Its kind of a long story why, but we had to put our very first dog down, Rylee, on Friday (5/3/2013).
She had been suffering from cancer on her front pad for nearly a year, it was to the point where there were times I would question how much longer she had; putting her down was somewhat forced and I think thats why its even more upsetting. The cancer had taken over the entire front pad, smelled liked road kill, and she had lost 40lbs. It was probably close to the end of her time here on earth, but losing a loved one always feels too soon.
Rylee was a gift from Derek to me after about 6 months we had been living in our current house. I had begged like an annoying little kid for a long time for a dog. She was an awesome puppy because unlike most puppies she RARELY chewed anything up. I mean I think I may have caught her less than 5 times chewing on something she wasnt supposed to. She was so mellow. So loving. Dont get me wrong, she had her high energy times, but compared to the average dog, she was a relaxed dog. I taught her to do the typical tricks: sit, speak, lay down. She was my first dog.
There were many things Rylee was around for, she was a dear part of our lives for 8 &1/2 years. I miss her so much. Its so hard to believe she is gone. I walk around the house and so much of these walls are filled with memories of her.
Derek's family has a sister of hers, Kacie (pictured above) and when I hear her bark I hear Rylee.
She is dearly missed. She was a beloved companion to me and Derek. She holds a very special place in my heart. She was very sick with cancer so it was truly a matter of time, it just felt unfair to have to do it now. I know she is resting above and running around on all 4's again....


