Monday, July 15, 2013

Our Boy Can SWIM!!!

Bobby can swim with no floaties!

Yesterday we spent the whole day with Derek's family at their house swimming.  It was my father's (in-law) birthday and hot!  Most of the family was with us and we had a great time hanging out, swimming, playing and eating.

Around 4pm yesterday Bobby was taught how to swim by his Papa Bob! I was inside the house playing cards, and I could hear my father (in law) and Bobby yelling at us to look outside and watch - I watched as my little 4 year old son leaped fearlessly into the pool, come shooting up to the top of the water and doggy paddle back to the side of the pool, push himself up and crawl out of the pool to repeat the process again!

I'm so happy he can do it, but now REALLY nervous! I know that Bobby can swim good enough with no floaties, but he cant touch anywhere on the bottom of the pool except the steps to get in so he may overestimate his ability to swim all over the place and get tired...we will still be on high alert but at least my heart can rest a little bit knowing he understands much more now.

Wish I could have captured it on video, I'm sure this week he will be at it again, so I'll have to try and record his latest accomplishment

We are so proud of him! He's the youngest on that side of the family to learn how to swim....what an awesome day yesterday!