Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Brooklyn is 3!










Brooklyn turned 3 on 10/21.  She was a lot of fun this year.  She couldnt wait to blow out candles and tear into her presents.  We were going to have a small family party for her over the weekend but Derek came down with a bad allergic reaction to poison oak so we kept everyone at bay until he felt better.  I think this weekend we will have some family over to celebrate.







Since we skipped a birthday party for her over the weekend and Derek was almost 100% on Saturday we did a little visit to the pumpkin patch. Kids were alot of fun.  We did the maze which Bobby led us on, took a shot with the corn (nearly pushing the trigger in front of the poor guy who loads it for us - yikes!).  It was a lot of fun.  I'm not looking forward to the Halloween decorations this year with Brooklyn - I KNOW she is going to end the night saying how scared she is - I'm trying to find a way/place to do trick or treating with her that wont frighten her. We will see...

I'm in school this semester which I was unsure if I could handle.  My first class of this semester just ended. My second one has just begun.  Thought I was failing the first class - turns out my points were not recorded correctly and my sleep deprived brain was not doing math correctly so I'm actually doing great! My final grades have not been recorded (which includes a big paper and my final exam) but going into those last two assignments I have a B. whew. what a relief.

Have a great rest of the week!