Tuesday, April 1, 2014

7 Months








Thomas turned 7 months on Sunday.  Here's what our little guy has been up to lately:

- Improving on scooting backwards
- Can sit up without fear he will topple over
- Is trying to go from sitting up to laying down (to grab objects)
- Can hold his bottle with 2 hands and suck on it but cannot hold it so the fluid trickles down to drink (so I still have to help him)
- Squeals alot more lately, usually he's pretty quiet and just observant of the world around him
- Loves the dog (alot)
- Loves to be with Bobby & Brooklyn and watches them closely at what they do
- No teeth yet (my kids usually dont start to receive teeth until 9/10 months)

Thomas' sleep was so predictable, then a few days before he turned 7 months old he began to wake up every 3 hours at night! AH! So at first I thought, ok its a cold. Gave him some tylenol. No relief. Then I thought ok, maybe its teeth like everyone in the world tells me. Nope. Not teeth. So, I blamed it on development. We have finally broke the pattern, he wakes up around 3-4am for a bottle. Bed time has been about 6pm. Our day of late has been this:

Wake up at 6am - eat breakfast.
Bottle around 8am
Nap around 9am
Wake up around 11am - eat lunch
Bottle around 12pm
Nap around 1pm
Awake around 330-4pm - eat snack
A little bottle of whole milk around 5pm and/or some dinner with the family
Bath between 530-6pm
Bottle & Bed between 6pm-630pm

Its not perfectly on that schedule but it is close (especially when the big kids are home and are loud, they wake him up earlier than I'd like grrrr!!!).  Sometimes Tommy wakes up from his afternoon nap early, so then I have to hope he gets a cat nap in between the early wake time and bed time. Sometimes he does (because we are usually out & about for Bobby & Brooklyn) sometimes he doesnt. He's settling into a somewhat predictable routine which has made planning for trips and errands much easier.

Tommy can munch on cheerios, peanut butter banana pancakes and pretty much anything that is somewhat soft I give to him, either in small pieces or the whole thing and he takes a little bite off.  I've been making my own baby food, and any kind of food I make for the family that I can mash up I'll feed him. Ive started to give him some whole milk during the day instead of all just formula; he is eating a lot of regular food now so I kind of feel like he doesnt need as much formula. I make sure his baby food has lots of good stuff - like spinach and kale mixed in - to make sure he still gets the vitamins he needs.

Overall little man is doing good, learning and changing everyday.

Happy April Fools Day friends!