Countdown is officially on - a 30 day wait until we can plaster the pool, fill it and SWIM!
Yesterday, Derek and I had to fill in all of the trenches from the plumbing and electrical lines. So hot. The dirt was everywhere, and I'm allergic to dust terribly so I had to wear a mask. Shoveling dirt for a few hours in this heat is NO FUN! We had to fill in the trenches so the guys today would have a nice flat surface for working and plus they didnt need to be open anymore...
Today at 6:30am, all of these guys showed up for the concrete pour. We took up every parking space down our street with trucks. I didnt get a picture but we had a big cement truck in front for the pour. Exciting stuff. The pictures kind of show the progression of the morning, the pour started at 7:30am, and ended around 11am. Took 43.5 yards of concrete. It finally looks like a pool to me.
Next up is the flat work and tile for the pool - we are going to be getting the forms ready next week for the deck around the pool, have to call for an inspection and then the pour. I CANNOT WAIT TO NEVER SEE DIRT IN THE BACKYARD AGAIN!!!!!!!!
We are going to have a few little sections for plants - minimal maintenance.
When you look at the final pictures from today you can see, we have a baja step to chill and relax, there's 2 little spots for umbrellas, the massive rock that's incorporated into the pool decor (which I'm sure will be a hot spot for jumping in), a little sloping step that had to happen and a few random steps that were put in as we went along this morning.
Exciting stuff :)