Monday, August 17, 2015

End of Summer (Bittersweet)

Summer is over in a week! Where the heck did the time go? These last few weeks we have been at the beach a lot. A friend moved close to the beach so we were able to park at his house, and literally walk around the corner to the beach. It was awesome...The photos are in no order...





Exhausted from the sand, sun and waves




 Playing on some giant rocks down at the beach off Carlsbad Blvd....


 Finishing the day off with a dip in the cuzzi!

Randomly last week I checked the website for San Elijo State Beach and found some sites had opened in the week for camping! I jumped on it and we scored a site for 2 days. Check in is not until 2pm! I reserved the site for both days because its so cheap, and this way we could get there first thing in the morning, setup, and play. It was such a great time with the kids. Everyone slept good - Tommy even napped for 2 hours on the beach in our laps! 


New sleeping bags! 


The TENT!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!

The beach in August is my favorite time of the year. So damn hot, the sun shines all day. The water is so warm. I love this time of year - but only at the beach! HA!

Tired pup


Roasting weenies! We followed the dogs up with s'mores of course, and then to top off the night there was a meteor shower! I saw 2 shooting stars and so did Bobby. So cool!

Friends!!

Sand!

Wee hours of the next morning when the kids were still so exhausted.

Early morning visit to the beach before we head home...


Approval of this family trip.


Cousin Elijah goes back to Washington tomorrow... (he's in the middle)


Legoland! We went here yesterday for our friends' daughters' birthday. (Say that 3xs fast lol wonder if those apostrophes are in the right spot? lol)






Last but not least we added a new member to our family! After our little rendezvous to the campsite last week, and anticipating our next camping trip at the end of September for 4 days at the beach again, we took the plunge and bought a pop up trailer. She is used, but seems to be in good shape. A little bit of TLC (cleaning mainly) and she will be brand new! I just ordered some fabric samples to freshen her up and modernize her.  After sleeping in the tent with the kids (if you want to call that sleeping, the kids did, me and Derek just passed out haha), and leaving our poor Sadie behind, I think we knew our family would get some good days out of this little lady. I can't wait to clean her up and have her shine!
Last week of freedom until the kids go back and then I get freedom! Enjoy!!!!