Friday, December 4, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and a few things in between


 Dinner and drinks before heading to Garth Brooks!


The boys


The hot sexy wives ;)


So my mom's living situation recently drastically changed. Derek and I had to find a place for her to live so we bought a mobile home at the 55+ community for her. Here's a few photos of what we put into it - needed new floors (cat pee everywhere ewww), and all new paint on the walls. 




Here's a dresser that was my Aunt's, after she died my uncle said I could have it. I really liked the flower detail but didn't enjoy the color. First I tried to do brown but didn't like the way that was going, and beneath the yellow paint was some white paint...I went with the white paint instead and did this kind of smearing of white paint and ...


The finished product!!! I love this little dresser!!! Its not perfect, but its perfect for me.


On Thanksgiving I drove down to spend some time with my mom who was still living in Clairemont, stopped to see my cousin (to discuss financial matters pertaining to my mom and all this other heavy stuff that just makes me sad to think about still), then headed home to be with the Roed family. A nice day and sort of relaxing...



Love the photo below so much!


Kids picking out our Christmas tree, ha! Where's the candy mom? Can I have cookie mom? Can I go in the bounce house mom? (After we went to the trampoline park, ALL DAY!! agh)






Ta-da!


I like getting our family pictures taken but the cost is hefty so Ive been thinking about silly things I can do at home to capture our family photos. This year I wanted a photo in some cheesy cute Christmas pajamas (thank you Target), just sitting at home enjoying ourselves.  Toward the end of the do-it-yourself photo session Tommy started cracking up laughing in disbelief that the photo was being taken but there was no one pressing the button. As if to say "What the hell is going on?!" We were dying laughing at the end. Funny moment in the books for sure.  

Here are a few pictures of us clowns:




Dying laughing at this moment....


This one made the cut for our card, but I had to edit the stupid thing and erase the hat in the picture - Derek leaves his dumb hat EVERYWHERE!!! (And I forgot to move it!) Ha ha...Oh well, when raising kids what really is perfect anyway? Not much. ;)


Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!!!