Can you believe it? I cant. No seriously, I CAN'T!!!! 11 months of our lives has gone by in a blink of an eye. I think during the first year with a baby can often times feel so overwhelming, and then, seriously it feels like one day you wake up (Finally, after a solid 8 hours of SLEEP! HALLELUJAH!) and realize they are their own person now, unique, ever changing with each second that passes, growing wings to one day leave the nest.... I am sad. I dont want Brooklyn to grow up!!! (You cant make me! And in my mind she will always be my little princess) I dont want her to change out of this stage, sounds crazy but I don't! She is so funny (yes, she makes me laugh!), lovable, hugable, kissable... Yes, I'm one of those crazy moms, but can you blame me? Just look at her...

("I love this remote, but how come the cartoons don't turn on when I push this button??")
I know we cant seriously even think of adding another member to our family TODAY, (just with the remodel and bills going every which way these days), but I really hope we are not done growing as a family. As a gift to my kids (think about it, how much do you love one of your siblings? how awesome is it to know that even if the world hates you, you have an eternal friend built in?), and as precious memories for all of us, I really hope we add another sibling (or even 2!).
THE GREAT DEBATE (do you have these in your house? we have them occasionally and now we even have an audience! too bad the kids cant speak for themselves yet): A First Birthday Party for Brooklyn or Not.
Pros: Pictures. Memories. Gifts for Brooklyn (not like she needs anything).
Cons: Costs. Naps. Organization. PLACE TO HAVE IT (our house is TORE up to say the least so our house is out)??
We have talked and SERIOUSLY considered going to Disneyland. We have invited only immediate family and 1 couple with their TWINS to join us, but noone seems to really be able to join us. And Derek wants to do Disneyland in a DAY, and I don't (debate #2, thats a whole other ball game). Seriously, who does ALL of Disney in a day with 2 kids under the age of 3? We'll probably end up doing ... nothing. We weighed the costs to go to Disneyland vs. a party and it ends up being the same or at least, close. I'm ok with the idea of no party, sort of, I mean come on, for those of you who know us, it is RARE for us to let a birthday slide by (well with our old age slowly creeping up on us we have calmed down with the parties) without a celebration. I have very mixed feelings, she's MY baby (yes, you read that right, MY BABY lol) and I just want her to feel as special as Bobby (and not look at pictures and say "hey you did it for him but not me, what gives?"). I definitely feel like we should do something but.... its the GREAT DEBATE in this house at the moment.