Alright so we had Easter, I let the kids color the eggs by giving them 1 cup of the coloring and 1 egg at a time. I tried to put stickers on the eggs (non colored ones) but I couldnt get them to stick. Oh well. Kids had fun with it. We went to my mother in laws which would have been in great fun except I had to rush Bobby to urgent care at 4pm because of an ear infection. We missed out on the egg hunt the family had, and barely made it to dinner on time. It was fine though. We were tired from the night before - bad sleep - not feeling well.
Easter Breakfast...
Jumping on the trampoline...(we were going to get one, but since they are at least $200, I want to wait til the kids are a bit older to appreciate it more. for now, we can go across the street to grandma's to play)
Since Moose passed away, I've been letting the other 2 dogs in the house more often. They are older, lazier, etc., so they are easier to manage. Both dogs (rylee & rocky are 7 years old). Kids are sitting on Rylee..
Since the weather was going to be a nice one today, I renewed our memberships to the WAP/Zoo this morning so the kids and I had something fun to do that was affordable. This is the first year we had to kick down to pay for Bobby to start going now too. At first I wasn't even going to bring the double stroller since I knew if Bobby was going to walk around Brooklyn would want to as well. I hesitated and wised up and brought the stroller anyway because of all the walking you have to do - smart. Not so smart...not bringing an extra change of clothes for Bobby or just putting him in a pull up to start the day because after 30 min of being at the WAP today he had an accident. Completely forgot, oh well.
We only stayed from 9am -12pm, it got pretty warm, and at around 1145 Brooklyn was done and fell asleep in the stroller. Worked out good for the most part, kids are still asleep (well Brooklyn is up but she is cranky so I'm letting her sort her feelings out in the crib right now). I was wiped out too and took a power nap when we got home. Was actually a pretty easy day with the 2 of them - considering all things. Fed the ducks - kids LOVED that, only had $0.50 which we burned through quick. Loved the gorillas, and we made the last stop the jungle gym playground. There's another part I will take them to in the summer - splash park type thing - I just didnt want to deal with 2 soaked kids today. Good time.


FINALLY. Our new entry door is stained, installed and ready to go. We have to have the protective stain (clear coat) added to it, but its done. We were so fortunate, the handle you see was given to us for free (saved us $200 at least). Its not a perfect match, but its good enough considering what we had before - a broken glass, duct tape, no working lock entry door. What a difference. The grid part you see below - on the inside it opens to allow a breeze but still have privacy. LOVE IT.
