Monday, April 2, 2012

Moose and the whole sucky week

Bobby: Mommy where's moose?
Me: Moose is in heaven now.
Bobby: up? Up?!
Me: yes bobby, up.

We had to say good bye unexpectedly to one of our beloved dogs, Moose, on Saturday 3/31/2012. All Dogs Go to Heaven (just like the movie says right?) so I know he is running around and enjoying himself. He was suffering from what we believe was cancer, we found one lump, that grew very fast, and then started to break open and bleed, then another lump was discovered about a week later. We weren't going to pursue treatment because of the costs, so inevitably he was going to die, but it still felt unexpected and hurt like crazy. Its gut wrenching to have to do this. I've never been a dog owner, and as most of you know, I love my dogs very much. They were my babies before my human babies. I miss him very much and it breaks my heart still to think he is not with us. I try to tell myself he was "just a dog" but he really wasn't. He was a loving part of our family. We get his ashes back in about 2 weeks.

Moose's story: He was ABANDONED and left on my mother in law's doorstep back in June of 2008 (June 26th if I remember right). Sally's dogs didnt take to him, and ours did, (well, after a little getting used to, they did fine) and c'mon...look at him as a puppy:




We will miss you very much Moose, you will always be in our heart!

And before all of this happened, Thursday my dad, me and the kids were all loaded and packed ready to go to SLC to see my brother. After a brutal nearly 4 hour wait, we were informed that the flight had been canceled. Torturous way to spend a morning. The kids were ok for the first 2 hours, then after that extreme boredom set in and they went BONKERS. Ughhhhhhh never again.

Let's hope this week has a better ending than last!!