Bobby and Brooklyn are turning into quite the little friends. Part of it is due to the fact that they do not attend preschool, we don't see alot of other kids during the week (EVERYONE WORKS! :( ), so all they have is each other (and me but they get bored of me). When Brooklyn naps on days Bobby doesnt have to, Bobby starts to look for her after an hour or so. You can ask Bobby who is best friend is, and it used to be kids from preschool, and now he replies, "Brooklyn."
Some other things happening -
- Moved Brooklyn into Bobby's room. Pushed both toddler beds next to each other (so its like one big bed) and for naps and bedtime I lay with both kids (in the middle) and within 20-30 minutes they fall asleep. I sometimes sleep for an hour! At first we tried to just put them in there, turn on night lights and say good night but both kids would just get up and party. I caved and decided to go back to what I knew worked - laying with them for sleep. The first day or 2 was annoying, it now has become one of my favorite times with them. They snuggle up to me, kiss my cheeks, and tell me how much they love me. For me, its my favorite memory with them so far.
- Bobby understands his 4th birthday is coming soon. (We keep reminding him.) Today I asked him if he wanted to have a birthday party or if he wanted to go to Disneyland, he told me Disneyland. We shall see....
- Brooklyn everyday is changing more and truly showing us her playful side (and big mouth, loud screaming and how big her tantrums can really get). Right now her favorite thing to do is play dress up - she wont let me take off her dress up clothes at bedtime, and the second she wakes up she usually wants to wear some kind of dress and high heels.
- Both kids are still learning how to ask for things correctly. 9 times out of 10 Bobby says "Mommy I want water, " I correct him 1000000000 times a day. Hope one day it sinks in.
- Brooklyn HATES brushing her teeth. I MEAN HATES. I have to pin her down (literally sit on her) and try to shove the brush in her mouth. Bribery works but I hate that. :( She is so stubborn!
- Bobby is slowly outgrowing naps. If he sleeps in for me (close to 7) I allow him to skip a nap because I hate the struggle of bedtime going past 9pm. For the sake of me and Derek, I try to sync both kids schedules so bedtime is roughly 8pm every night. So far, so good.
- I love the kids so much. By 8pm I am worn out. I mean TIRED. So my patience is gone. But usually its about bedtime and the kids give me lots of hugs and kisses and take away some of my frustration...


