The most precious jewels you will ever have around your neck are the arms of your children...
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Growing By Two Feet
I've known since a few days before Christmas, but I'm finally happy to announce that we will be growing by "two feet" this summer! We will become a family of 5 before we know it...
We saw our little gummy bear this week, saw his little heart beat (no I dont know if its a boy yet I'm just referring to the little one as a boy for now). Right now I'm 9 weeks and due Sept 5 but since I'm a scheduled C Section, maybe a little bit earlier which would mean very close to my birthday (I'm Aug 30). We are thrilled, I know the kids are going to have so much fun chasing around a baby. Yes, I know its going to be nuts, chaos, sleep deprivation all of that and more, but it goes fast. So excited.
I didnt start to feel lousy til 6 weeks exactly. Then boom. The second my stomach was empty I felt like I needed a toilet. Like clock work I wake up at midnight and 3am for a "feeding" because the nausea is so bad it wakes me up. I was eating a "Perfect Foods Bar" during one of these feedings because they were one of the few things that sounded good and I was trying to load my stomach with something heavy in the middle of the night so I would sleep longer. Not only did this NOT WORK, I think I gained weight a little too fast. So saltines have become my best friend and I've realized about 3 or 4 of those guys with some water has the same effect. I've been able to get a handle on the weight gain, and have been holding steady - thank goodness.
I stopped working out excessively like 3 or 4 months ago, and now that I'm pregnant working out actually helps me feel better. I dont do much - maybe 45 min to and hour but its just enough to get the blood pumping (and all the other stuff that digests slowly moving) and some energy roused up.
Kids have been for the most part, good to me. Some mornings I lay in bed feeling terrible...
Bobby said to me one morning: "Mommy you dont feel good?"
Me: "yes Bobby, I feel really sick..."
Bobby: "Mommy is that because you have a baby in your belly?"
Me: "Yes Bobby it is..."
Bobby: "Ok mommy feel better..."
Brooklyn on the other hand, doesnt get it, doesnt care if I'm saying "Stop jumping on me! I'm about to barf!!" But once the little one is here I know she will be hands on...too much! hahaha
And then school started this week. YIKES. Actually I dont think it will be too bad. I think the hardest time will be once our little bear is here and new and eating alot. So thats when I know I'll have a real challenge. We actually just found the world's best baby sitter (aside from our family) and she is a great gift to us. She has previous toddler experience (used to work at Busy Bee Preschool) and goes to college and does not have any other source of income. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! She needs us as much as we need her. She is sweet as pie and does EXACTLY what I ask. Our whole family loves her....
