Holidays flew by as usual. Christmas Eve Derek returned from Colombia. Exhausted. He came home at 2 in the morning to us, slept til like 8 and was just well, let's say "tired" from all of his "get togethers". Ha. It was so good to have him home. The day before he returned I could tell Bobby was missing him - constantly asking for him, and then seeing his truck in our drive way Bobby couldn't understand - if his truck is here, then why isnt he?
Christmas Eve we drove with some friends to Julian. Froze our butts off, ate a little lunch. Came back to my house, had parents over and exchanged presents. It was fun.
Christmas Day we woke up at our usual time, ate a yummy breakfast and saw that Santa had come. The kids were so excited. Usually Derek and I buy lots of candy and shove it in each other's stockings but this year I said no way. For starters there is just so much junk, and secondly, the kids do not need to get used to the idea that candy will be in the stockings. No thanks. They received books and some new underwear in their stockings. PLENTY.
Santa brought the kids new balance bikes (the Kazam ones if you are interested in looking at it), a Melissa & Doug doll house (super cute and sturdy), a Hape Discovery Space Station (big rocket with astronauts, love it), a few puzzles and Leap Pads. Unfortunately the leap pads are a tad above their ability, so I bring them out here and then but for the most part keep it put away. Bobby sorta gets it, Brooklyn definitely not there yet.
For their presents I just stalked the internet for best pricing - Amazon always was the most expensive! I was so surprised. And disappointed. Thank goodness for the Internet - it allows you to bargain hunt as much as you want!
Derek and I exchanged a few things. His big gift was Colombia with no gripping from me, and some extra cash to go do whatever he wanted. I received a new Coach purse (which I had my eye on) and a nice new wallet that I really needed.
It was a great Christmas.
Then for New Years....
Went to dinner with friends and family on New Years Eve- but last night - a drunk driver drove down our street, and side swiped my car and my brother in laws! This happened to me 10 years ago - what are the odds! The first time (back 10 years ago) my little chevy s10 was hit so hard it was totaled. Last night my car was hit so hard my passenger side mirror was hit off, and my brother in laws truck suffered quite a bit of damage.
SO ANNOYING!!!! I wanted a new car anyway but dont think this will be the way I get it...hahaha

