Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Finish Line!


30 days! 

I often wish I had completed college before having kids.  Why I didn't, Im not sure. Just lazy I guess. I had tried to be a business major, and fell short when my GPA hit 2.49 and I needed a 2.5 for the College of Business. At the time I was at CSUSM, after I didn't get in to Business College, CSUSM changed the undergrad requirements and I just tossed my hands up and said screw it! This degree is not for me! The Business Calc class was so damn hard too. 

Anyway. Flash forward to 2 years ago. I stay home with the kids. LUCKY ME. Ha, no really. Lucky me. Then CSUF had this degree completion program and I honestly just thought, "Instead of wasting time on the Internet reading garbage, why don't I read educational stuff and finish?" Even though it was way more demanding at times than I had wanted, I'm so happy its done.  I even think why don't I go for a Masters? I even heard some Ph. D's are free tuition because a school wants you to complete it to represent them...not saying I would do that but that was interesting to find out.

Last week, me and the kids drove up to CSUF.  I showed them the campus, and we explored together. I was able to meet a director of my program who has been there for me along the way.  It was great. Picked up graduation stuff. Brings me tears. What a journey!