Well we survived a much anticipated weekend. After its all said and done, no, I would not drag my 3 kids to another graduation. I know if we had not gone to graduation I would have always wondered what I missed, so I'm glad we went. But, at times I felt out of place. College kids are little twirps! Wow! They were saying some of the meanest things about little kids and took everything out of me not to reprimand them! LOL...Wish Tommy would have slept better Friday night so Saturday morning would not have felt like the twilight zone. Honestly, probably got 2-4 hours of broken sleep. Awful.
Friday we went to Disneyland with hesitation because of all the rain. When we parked it was pouring down rain. Derek and I were like oh man, are we stupid? But it actually was great because no one was there! We had on our rain boots and jackets and I made the kids wear layers of clothes, and they actually stayed pretty warm and dry. We were able to just walk right on to 3 rides on in a row when we first got there - Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. By early afternoon when the sun came out and things warmed up the crowds had come. It still didn't seem all that busy compared to a Saturday or Christmas/Holiday visit. Aside from some boredom in line (mainly Tommy who couldn't sit still) the kids did pretty good - I can't wait to go back.
A classic, hilarious photo of the kids on Splash Mountain:
In line for Mr. Toad's wild ride:
Its a Small World with the big kids sitting in front of us:
Us 3 on Its a Small World:
Snapped a quick photo before jumping onto Big Thunder Mountain with my main man:
Waiting for the Soundsational Parade to begin while Daddy and Bobby rode Splash Mountain for the 2nd time and Star Tours:
Tommy LOVED the parade and kept pointing at all the characters yelling out "look ma!" Way too cute...
Met up with long time pals Gareth & Courtney Atkins in Downtown Disney for dinner. Haven't seen them since Bobby was a baby. Their 1 year old son Gavyn is here with Tommy...
Of course, had to snap a selfie of this special day...
Quick little photos with my parents and family after my department ceremony.
After the whirlwind of our trip, we came home to a surprise gathering with close family and friends to celebrate my graduation. Everyone was so nice to have given up some time to be with us, which I appreciate. I have some of the greatest friends :) Derek was so thoughtful and I am one lucky gal.
And to put a cherry on top of this special weekend, Derek got us annual passes to Disneyland! Now the problem is I'm so tempted to have the kids be "out sick" from school a lot more often! LOL
This all has been a great adventure. I'm glad its finished, but happy I endured it all despite having some pretty difficult days. Here's to the future!







